Episode 9 of M&A Unplugged, Jonathan Banta: Leveraging Business Collaborations and Partnerships, is now live! If you are looking to maximize the value of your business acquisition or sale – the M&A Unplugged Podcast was designed with you in mind.
In this episode, Domenic and Jonathan Banta discuss:
- Jonathan’s experience in preparing and selling businesses
- The importance of earn-outs when creating a partner relationship
- What Johnathan learned from previous transactions about sale process, diligence, and integration
- How to streamline the process of collaborating different businesses.
- There was a seamless integration due to familiarity and synergistic relationships
- elect the appropriate partner and make sure values and ideas are aligned with your partner, as to prevent remorse
- Be happy with what you get with clients and assume you will not get an earnout, if you are okay with that result, go forward with that partnership
- There are consequences when selecting the wrong partner
“The crude math equation for a professional services company back then was roughly 1 times revenue and generally what you are fighting for a scenario like that is how much of it is upfront and how much of it is earnout.” — Jonathan Banta
Please listen, review, and subscribe. And feel free to pass along to friends and colleagues!